Disney parks have the best vegan food, no doubt. One of my favorite treats whenever we go to Disneyland is the Dole Whip at the Enchanted Tiki Room. If you didn’t know, Disney’s Dole Whip is 100% vegan and 110% delicious. Although we are annual pass holders and we can go to Disneyland whenever we want, I just had to create this DIY Vegan Dole Whip recipe so that I can have the sweet treat whenever the mood strikes.
DIY Vegan Dole Whip, on demand? Excuse me, while I just cancel all of my plans for tonight.
This post contains affiliate links which means I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links, at no additional cost to you.
Now, there are plenty of different recipes out there claiming to be real “copycat Disneyland Dole Whip” recipes. Some of them call for ice cream or whipped cream, which can’t be right since Disney has told us it’s vegan.
So I decided to do a lot of research this past summer (read: I ate lots and lots of Dole Whip at Disneyland), and came up with what I think is the closest thing. I noticed that there was a definite undertone of tartness which could only be achieved by both lemon and lime. As far as the texture, the richness of coconut cream helped it all come together with some added sugar for balance (find out if your sugar is vegan here).
Once you have all of the right ingredients, the process couldn’t be easier. Toss all of your ingredient in and blend!
Of course, having a high powered blender like a Vitamix will make the process way easier (this is the one we have, and I love it!). You can also achieve similar results using a standard blender or food processor (just make sure to scrape down the sides as you go).
And it’s that simple. This DIY Vegan Dole Whip can be made in minutes, and especially easy if you purchase frozen pineapples from your local grocery store (I like Trader Joe’s brand Pineapple Tidbits).
Give this recipe a try, and let us know what your favorite Disney treats are in the comments below!
- 2 cups (450 g) frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup (1 oz) pineapple juice + more for serving if doing a float
- ¼ cup (55 g) of vegan sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut cream, chilled
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Optional, maraschino cherries
- Grab a can of full fat coconut cream and place it right-side-up in the refrigerator for at least one hour - this will help the fat separate from excess water.
- When your cream has chilled, open the can carefully from the top to scoop off the fat leaving the water behind.
- Place all ingredients in your blender, and blend on low, gradually working the dial to a higher speed until it can't blend further. Use the tamper to push the ingredients towards the blade, or stop and scrape down the sides every 30 seconds.
- Once you've reached a smooth consistency, serve immediately (scooped or squeezed from a pastry bag), or serve with pineapple juice for a Dole Float. Top with a maraschino cherry for the authentic Disney experience, and enjoy!