These Peanut Butter Cornflake cookies are a perfect vegan snack, and comes together in less than 5 minutes (no baking required and gluten-free option too!).
I have to admit something to you.
I am bad at baking.
There, I said it.
Part of the reason is that it’s too much science. So many ingredients, so much precision. I’ll just stick to cooking where I can mask any mistake with more garlic (mmm, garlic).
This post contains affiliate links which means I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links, at no additional cost to you.
But every once in a while you get a craving for something sweet, and nothing satisfies that craving quite like a cookie. The problem is that we never keep cookies in the house, and as we’ve already established, I am bad at baking.
That’s where this recipe comes in. These classic No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies have pleased families for generations, are super easy to make, and also happen to be vegan!
However, I tried the ‘classic’ version of this recipe and was not a fan. It was too sweet and made way too many cookies (2 dozen peanut butter cornflake cookies in one go? sure sounds fun at first, but then you get sick of them REAL quick).
So I tested it a bit, and paired it down. I also turned down the sugar, because light corn syrup itself is already so sweet, and then I added a nice splash of vanilla to round out the peanut butter flavor, and used crunchy peanut butter for a little more texture.
The result: my modern No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies are just perfectly sweet, addictingly chewy, and can be made with all normal ingredients you [should] have in your pantry, including:
Peanut Butter – save the fancy stuff, you need old school Skippy or Jiff for this one
Light Corn Syrup – this is in no means a ‘healthy’ recipe (it’s a cookie for God’s sake!)
Sugar – make sure to use raw cane sugar, as white sugar is not vegan
Vanilla Extract – use as much or as little as you like
Corn Flakes – any brand will do, look for a gluten-free cornflake to make this Vegan/Gluten-Free friendly
And there you have it. My updated version of this No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookie is sure to be a winner. Give it a try, and let me know how it turned out in the comments below.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the cornflakes, in a large microwave safe bowl and mix well
- Microwave on high power in 15 second increments for 45 seconds, mixing between each interval until sugar is mostly dissolved (mix - microwave 15 sec. - mix - microwave 15 sec. - mix - microwave 15 sec. - mix)
- Fold in 3 cups of cornflake cereal, coating the cereal as evenly as possible without over mixing (you don’t want the cereal to get crushed and lose its shape)
- Line a pan or a baking sheet with parchment paper, and scoop out one ice cream scoop worth of mixture onto the pan, shaping it with your hands as you go (work quickly, before the rest of the cereal hardens)
- Let cool for 1 hour before placing it in an airtight container for storage; when storing, place wax paper between cookie layers to prevent them from sticking together